Has True Healthy Intimacy Eluded You?
If you want a healthy long term loving relationship intimacy is critical. Many times it makes people ponder the question ‘should I break up ‘. Yet many people are unsure of what intimacy truly is. Regardless of what types of relationship you may find yourself in there is always some form of intimacy present. There may not always be physical intimacy present but assuredly there is some form of emotional intimacy. The reason is that we are all emotional beasts. We have ego thus we feel.
This confusion between sexual and emotional intimacy is understandable. Some would say that you can be sexual and not have intimacy. In actuality, I believe that the act itself has some form of intimacy even if it only occurs within and for yourself. It may not create a warm fussy feeling for the other but there is something it causes within you even if it is just the satisfaction of release.
I have included some positive break up quotes to help with any challenges you may be having.
“Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.” Anonymous
What Is Intimacy In A Relationship?
As human beings, we all have the burning desire to belong to something to have our lives have some form of real meaning and purpose. You can even say that this is a desire to love and be loved. This is usually accomplished through some form of relationship. Intimacy is the closeness that you feel towards someone and can even be described as the feeling of love you have for yourself. Intimate relationships perform a pivotal part in the overall human experience.
A Free Psychic Reading
Intimacy is something the greatest percentage of us desire but sometimes eludes us. So why is thisWhy? One reason is that intimacy may threaten people off especially when they have issues with loving themselves. You have heard the phrase ‘how can I be expected to love someone else when I can’t love myself’ or some version of it. Real closeness with another person may not only scare some people it may even intimidate them. In order to overcome intimacy issues, it is imperative that you get over the fear The ability to do so comes with personal maturity in regards to how you feel about yourself. It can take time to occur or happen overnight.
“When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” Alexander Graham Bell
There are a few stages one must go through in order to build true intimacy in any relationship.
Understanding: Steven Covey in his book ‘Seven Habits of Successful People‘ states “first seek to understand”. A really intimate relationship contains two people who have taken the time to become aware of the other at a deep level. know on the deepest level who they each truly are. This is where the different stages of a dating relationship come into play. It is about learning to understand the differences between each of you and learning to appreciate them.
- Being Accepting... When these differenced are recognized then the next step is to become accepting. You met someone who you care about. Why would you want them to change? One of the main signs of emotional intimacy maturity is the acceptance of people’s idiosyncrasies and those of your own as well.
- Appreciation of Differences… Both understand that they don’t need to be entirely the same to be close. In fact, part of the delight of relationships is the discovery of differences and appreciation for each other’s uniqueness. Learning about each other’s points of view is seen as an opportunity to expand their worlds.
- Feeling Safe… Learning to create a safe environment for others can help with creating intimacy in life. Again this holds true for your relationship with yourself. If you are always putting yourself into an unsafe or unfriendly atmosphere within your life how could you possibly love yourself and then others?
- Compassion… Compassion is allowing yourself to understand that we are all, including yourself, human. We make mistakes. Leave them behind.
- Forgiveness… Learn to forgive easily, each other and yourself.
A Free Past Life Card Reading
I have lots of people send me questions about creating good relationships or even if they should break up. Questions like:
-How to break up with your boyfriend?
-Should I break up with my girlfriend?
-There is a lack of intimacy in marriage, what do I do?
-Should we break up or stay together?
-How do I break up with him?
These are all questions that come from a place of fear and insecurity of some manner. Mostly these areas of inquiry come to me because the individual has not created a strong loving relationship with themselves. If you decide to make the jump learning how to cope with breaking up with someone you love can be tough. The reason is that there is a sense of fear about what awaits you on the single side. One of the main reasons that this happens is that you do not have an intimate relationship with yourself. The strongest signs of emotional intimacy maturity are learning to love yourself.
Today we have a special guest that can help you discover the truth about intimacy, Angela Ambrosia.
“Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” Mandy Hale
Angela is a Master Relationship Coach, Meditation teacher, and Healer.
She has over 25 years of experience in healing through dance which allows her to help you listen to your body, heart, and soul so that you know, understand and feel your authentic self. She assists men, women, and children to create new healthy intimacy by enabling them to build a deep heart connection, celebrate their body and enjoy who they are.
This is what Angela has to say about her own experience of creating intimacy in her life,
“I was a dancer who struggled with hating my body, bad experiences in relationships that didn’t make feel good about my body, so I needed to understand why love was so hard for me and a lot of people around me. And then I discovered how to listen to my soul and heart in dance and deep listening to the physical body and energy body.”
“Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.”Sarah Mlynowski
Here are a few of the questions we as Angela about her journey through Intimacy:
- What brought you to teach about love and relationships?
- Can you describe your struggle with your body image and how your energy work and spiritual work shifted that?
- What did you learn about love through heartbreak?
- How did you discover true love? Is this something that happens in a relationship or do you find true love in yourself?
- What is the biggest obstacle to finding love in relationships today? (How) Is it different from other periods of civilization?
- We all want to be attractive and want to be wanted, how do we best go into romantic relationships, without sacrificing who we are looking for validation or for someone to like us and instead create healthy ways of sharing our heart, our body, our play, and our self?
- How can we inspire young people and children to look at themselves and their body in inspiring ways that avoid the trap of comparison from social media and the stereotypes of attractiveness that are sold to us?
- How do you begin knowing your energy, accepting your body and moving beyond feelings of not being enough?
- What is the difference between the energy body and the physical body?
Discover her work on the energy body and self-acceptance at https://loveandrelationshipcoach.setmore.com or go to www.LoveandRelationshipCoach.com and Join Angela’s monthly newsletter https://eepurl.com/dx-XnL to stay connected with her.
“Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”Marilyn Monroe
Join us on this episode of Unlocking Your Truth, Should I Break Up Or Tough It Out and learn how what you feel about your body can affect your love relationships?
In Pain – Need A Healing?
In this podcast, Should I Break Up Or Tough It Out you will learn:
- Rebuilding intimacy in marriage.
- Questions to ask yourself before breaking up.
- How to cope with breaking up with someone you love
Other Relevant Posts That You May Find Interesting :
You can subscribe to my Youtube Channel for much more info!
For UYT episodes to be sent directly to your device, subscribe on iTunes, Player FM, Blubrry or Stitcher! And lastly, if you have a topic or question for the show fill out the intuitive insight form on the right. Thanks so much!
Unlocking Your Truth is my weekly radio show where we discuss all things metaphysical like
Should I Break Up Or Tough It Out! And much more! The show airs on CIVL 101.7 FM at 7-8PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday evening or live-stream the show at CIVL.ca. During each of our Unlocking Your Truth episodes, we also answer email questions from our listeners (click here to submit a question) as well as occasionally do readings live on air for our call in guests. You can call in 604.504.7441 ext 4142 and ask anything you want.