The Law Of Karma Explained
Karma, you have all heard of the word. But is Karma really just the law of cause and effect. People feel they know what Karma is, yet many need Karma explained in more detail. The simple definition of Karma in Sandscript means action, work, or deed. However, the term also refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect. And it says that for every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction.
Karma Explained | Is Karma Really Just The Law Of Cause And Effect?
The Spiritual Meaning Of Karma
The concept called Karma is a relatively new term in western culture. Still, it has become more commonly used in recent years. The more popular ideology of this idea is that the punishment for whatever you do in this life will be revisited upon you in the next life or some time in the future. In turn, the retribution for anything you do in a past life may be inflicted on you in this life.
The concept of this law of retribution may be to cause you to think about your actions. If you are mean to somebody or do something nasty to somebody, you may think twice. Because it will come back to you tenfold. In the Bible, it is stated as what you sow, so shall you reap.
You have a new age and metaphysical understanding. You have been made aware that the energy you put out is reflected back at you. This reflection occurs in and through the game of the illusion of time and space that you are playing in this reality on this planet. So the word action is not just about action. It’s not about you slapping someone across their face, so now you have got a face slap coming back at you.
The Law Of Cause And Effect
It’s the energy that you are radiating, the energy that you are emanating. The thoughts that you are thinking that’s the energy that you’re emanating. The emotions that you are feeling. It is all part of your vibration. The baggage you are carrying in your energy field is part of the vibration you are emanating. And so everything about you is radiating and putting out a signal. This is a statement to the universe and is being reflected back at you.
Sometimes it’s being reflected back at you rather quickly. Other times, maybe it will be reflected back at you in a future lifetime. And so, it’s very closely related to the Law Of Attraction. So, it’s kind of the same thing when you think about it. The Law Of Attraction states whatever is in your vibrational field is what will be reflected back at you. And therefore, you can consciously manifest what you want to manifest by being in charge of your vibrational field.
This is saying precisely the same thing as Karma, the law of cause and effect, as you sow, so shall you reap. And so the idea becomes the vibration of that which you want to experience in your life. So build that vibration internally, and then it’s going to be reflected externally.
Do You Believe In Karma?
Whether or not you believe in Karma, it is real, and you feel the effects of it daily. So if you want to be happy and have a life filled with love, then cultivate the vibration of happiness and love energetically within you. And then the universe is going to rearrange itself to reflect that back at you.
Another name you could call this is the law of mirroring. Your particular version of reality on this planet is based on having who you are mirrored back at you through time and space. If you were not in physical reality but in Spirit, everything would be instantaneous. And there would be no separation between the energy you put out and the result you get back. So you have embedded yourselves in this time, space reality, to have this very focused experience. This adventure where there’s a delay in what you put out being reflected back at you because you are embedded in time and space. You put out a vibration, a cause, and then time and space separate you from the result, the effect which then mirrors back at you.
And so so the law of Karma: the law of cause and effect, the law of mirroring, the Law Of Attraction, are really all talking about the same idea. The law of manifestation or creation, how you can consciously create your reality. So the other way that you can turn that around and say, whatever appears in your reality, which appears to be external to you, is actually inside you. So it’s actually a mirror, reflecting back at you.
Is There Good Karma And Bad Karma?
So many of you look around in your lives. You say you don’t like something particular and wonder what you did to deserve such negativity and suffering such bad Karma. You feel that you shouldn’t be here experiencing such adverse events and emotions as:
- You don’t like your job.
- You don’t like your boss.
- You don’t earn enough money.
- Your relationship sucks.
- Why is your friend being such a miserable person?
And you think it all has nothing to do with you. You are just some innocent victim that these things are happening to. But you are here to learn that you are not separated from that which appears in your reality. You are actually responsible for that which appears in your reality.
So anytime you look around and see something that you do not prefer, turn within. Don’t point the finger. Just ask, what would you need to believe for that to exist in your reality? What energy would you need to be vibrating at for that to be reflecting back at you? Then change what you find within you to change what is reflected back at you from without? So really, they’re the same thing to us; they appear separate, though, because of time and space.
Within the 12 Laws Of Karma is the Law of Creation. This states that you can be an unconscious creator or a conscious creator. You can realize that this is what’s actually happening. Then start to take the reins and drive the direction of it all or not. And if not, it’s happening anyway. However, you are just utterly unconscious of it.
As you become conscious of it, you will realize how very empowering it all is. You will come to understand that all you need to change is yourself. You actually don’t need to worry about all the other people or the rest of the world. You just focus on yourself, then you can create change. But, of course, one needs to be in a state of acceptance for change to occur.
So if you are in a state of resistance, it’s not going to happen. Or, if it does show up in your reality, it will be delayed. Suppose you are in any level of resistance or judgment to something, something showing up in your life that you don’t prefer. In that case, you are actually cementing it in your reality through your resistance. So for these things to stop happening, you need to enter a state of flow, a state of acceptance of what is.
Accepting what it is doesn’t mean you condone it or agree with it. It just means that that’s the way it is right now. So you acknowledge that and accept that this is what is. And from the state of acceptance, putting up no resistance, the cycle of change can continue. The energy state that you are not preferring can shift into another energy state.
One important thing to remember regarding the Law Of Karma is that everything in this world happens in cycles of growth and change. Nothing stays the same. Eventually, everything does change. And so your life here on earth is experiencing constant cycles of growth and change.
So you can ride that wave of change gracefully. You can steer the ship of change by developing a level of mastery over your energy. Or you can resist the change and be dragged, screaming into the change, which can be a more painful process. Regardless of the issues, you are experiencing, always remember that wherever you go, that is where you are.
Many of you look at Karma and think of it just as strictly the Law Of Responsibility. That you’re responsible for your actions from a previous life. Well, that thing happened in a different life; it didn’t happen in this life. But Karma is so much more. There are 12 Laws Of Karma.
- The Law Of Cause And Effect: Your life is the reflection of your actions.
- The Law of Creation: Life just doesn’t happen to you. You create your reality.
- The Law of Humility: Humility is accepting that your current reality is the fruit of your own actions, thoughts, and emotions.
- The Law of Growth: Growth is the understanding that the only person that you can control is you.
- The Law of Responsibility: What you sow, so shall you reap.
- The Law of Connection: Your past lives, present life, and future lives are all connected.
- The Law of Focus: What you focus on grows. If you split your focus, distraction occurs, and the same will happen in the results.
- The Law of Giving and Hospitality: The you that you present to the world affects the world in the same manner. If you want the world to experience love, you must be the love. Remember you are the light of the world.
- The Law of Here and Now: The only way to experience the vibration of peace and tranquility is to be in the present.
- The Law of Change: One constant is that you are the crux of change. An object that is not in motion will stay that way until a force is placed upon it. You are that force.
- The Law of Patience and Reward: The wasn’t created in a day. Neither will be your utopian life. Persistence is required.
- The Law of Significance and Inspiration: There is no such thing as an insignificant person or act. Everything you do affects the world.
All of these laws have some bearing on how you live your life and manage your energy. One thing is sure. You are a co-creator of this reality. You have the choice of helping create your reality and that of everyone else in the world and universe. You can choose to enjoy the trip or not. Either way, it is going to happen. It is not as much your responsibility as it is your choice.
Join us on this episode of Unlocking Your Truth, Karma Explained | Is Karma Really Just The Law Of Cause And Effect as we examine Karma and how you experience it in your life, knowingly or unknowingly.
Free Guided Meditation
Questions and comments from listeners during the broadcast of Karma Explained | Is Karma Really Just The Law Of Cause And Effect:
- My understanding of what karma is is how our current life situation, the family we are born into, where we grow up, etc. are based on past lives and past actions or energy. Can you explain this? Or why sometimes bad things happen to good people?
- As a psychic, are you able to “read” someone’s karma? If so, I’d love to know what you see in my karma or history of it.
- I was in an abusive relationship for 8 years. I recently got out of it 2 years ago. I met somebody new. Who is absolutely amazing. We have a 17-month-old daughter. My zodiac sign is a Gemini. My fiancé’s zodiac sign is a Gemini and our daughter is also a Gemini. I would be honored to receive a reading in regards to my growth cycles as well.
- Just jumped on from lunch break, looking forward to catching the whole replay, been thinking about our past life session and karma and what keeps showing up in relationships or lack of still lol there’s something wanting my attention but I don’t know what it is?
- Have you commented on karma vs other seemingly same things like the Law of Attraction or ask and you shall receive? If they are not the same, how are they different?
- Hi Lesley! I am glad I tuned in. you look wonderful! I have finally found how to feel into the Triad of Earth energy and cosmic energies!!! Thank you.
- Are you teaching medical energetic healing?
- How do you clear karma?
Other Relevant Posts That You May Find Interesting :
You can subscribe to my Youtube Channel for much more info!
For UYT episodes to be sent directly to your device, subscribe to iTunes, Player FM, Blubrry, or Stitcher! And lastly, if you have a topic or question for us to discuss on the show, fill out the intuitive insight form on the right. Thanks so much!
Unlocking Your Truth is my weekly radio show. We discuss metaphysical things during the one-hour show, such as Karma Explained | Is Karma Really Just The Law Of Cause And Effect. The show airs on CIVL 101.7 FM at 7-8 PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday evening or live-stream the show at CIVL.ca.
We also answer our listeners’ email questions during our Unlocking Your Truth episodes (click here to submit a query). In addition, we do readings live on air for our call-in guests. You can also join us on simultaneous Facebook Live broadcasts of Unlocking Your Truth with Dr. Lesley or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/LesleyPhillips and ask your questions. You can ask anything you want, any topic.