A Regular Meditation Practice, The Discipline
It used to be when one thought of meditation they would visualize a Buddhist monk in what seemed like a deep trance while in his cross-legged pose. The benefits of meditating were not overtly clear to most people. However in the past 3 or 4 decades or this has changed. We are now aware of many of the benefits of meditating. Meditation has made its way into not only individual practices but also into the corporate realm under the guise of Mindfulness. Along with the benefits of meditating production has risen.
This is the first installment of an eight-part series on the full benefits of meditation. I will be covering how meditation can help with emotional control, physical health, mental health and acuity, spiritual and intuitive growth to mention just a few areas of importance that can be of assistance.
Meditation Benefits Part 1
So you have been thinking about starting a basic meditation routine, daily mindfulness exercises. Whether you are about to start an adventure in regards to learning about how to meditate for beginners or you have mastered the practice it has been proven that there are many benefits of daily meditation as earlier mentioned. A Regular Meditation Practice has been shown to have many benefits for the body and mind not to mention the spirit. You can even begin a meditation routine for anxiety and its relief.
Knowing that there are meditation benefits for health we still procrastinate. So knowing this why do we not do it? There are so many meditation classes and meditation groups out there that can help you to get started or keep you committed.
We have many excuses and on the surface, they may sound reasonable. Even though we know about the positive effects of meditation on the mind, we still allow these excuses to take hold. They are just that. Excuses! Many meditation research articles show the wonderful effects of meditation on the body. This is especially true when it is practiced regularly, preferably daily with consistent discipline. In this podcast, we look at some ways to make this easier. We share tips to help you overcome the obstacles and create a regular daily routine.
Meditation is a regular method of exercising your mind to focus and redirect your thoughts. It will help you improve your awareness of yourself as well as your environment. It is a means by which you can reduce tension in your body and mind as well as improve your concentration.
Over and above the physical benefits of meditation you may also experience other benefits of meditating such as improving your mood and general life’s viewpoint. Self-discipline is another area that will profit from this practice as well as deeper more relaxing sleep.
- Calming Anxiety: A regular meditation practice helps in the reduction of anxiety as well as anxiety-related issues with mental health issues such as fear, OCD, and other socially related anxiety.
- Increased Self-Awareness: Meditation especially guided meditation for beginners helps you turn inward and become aware of who you truly are which is Spirit in nature and very powerful.
- Combat Addictions: Meditation can help in developing willpower and the mental discipline to bypass the mental and physical triggers for undesired desires. This can assist you with areas like dieting, ceasing harmful habits and addictions.
- Increased Focus: Many types of meditation can help you redirect and sustain concentration and attention.
- Control The Silent Killer: A large portion of the population suffers from hypertension, high blood pressure, and is medicated for it. Your BP will decrease drastically while meditating and will carry over into the rest of your day if are practicing it regularly. This drastically helps in reducing heart-related health issues.
- Stress Reduction: Regardless of the meditation types that can be practiced most people will feel the effects of a reduction in stress levels.
- Create Increased Compassion: Meditation can help you feel better towards others as well as yourself. Empathy and compassion are two wonderful spiritual benefits of meditation.
- Deeper More Restful Sleep: A regular meditation practice will help you with relaxation as well as focus your mind so that “monkey mind‘, uncontrollable thoughts, is reduced. It can support you with lessening the time it takes to go to sleep and improve sleep quality. many people suffer from insomnia of some sort and this can affect your day to day lives.
- Improves Emotional Health: Meditation can help alleviate bouts of sadness and depression creating more confidence and a brighter outlook on life.
Meditation is a form of self-benefiting relaxation. We all like to relax. Look at the number of television sets sold annually. The issue is that most of the activities we think are relaxing have just the opposite results.
You can meditate anywhere at any time, not behind the wheel of any type of vehicle, please. It takes no special equipment or physical abilities. You do not have to go anywhere specific. As far as a time commitment even a few short moments of practice daily will change your life. However, if you function better in group activities there are groups and classes available everywhere.
If you desire to begin meditating you can choose some form of meditation that will suit your personality or lifestyle. For beginners, I always recommend some form of guided meditation. I have a free Meditation Starter Kit available that you may find helpful.
Your Free Guided Meditation Starter Kit
One of the easiest ways to begin to meditate is to set your alarm a little ahead. Allow yourself a few minutes in the morning to start your day off properly. It is better for you than that caffeine boost so many people require.
One thing I will promise you that if and when you begin your practice you will feel better even if you spend only several minutes daily.
In this podcast, Benefits Of Meditating, Creating A Regular Practice, you will learn:
- Meditation Benefits for health
- How does meditation help spiritually?
- 10 practical meditation tips.
Join us on this episode of Unlocking Your Truth, Benefits Of Meditating, Creating Regular Practice, and learn about the joys you can achieve with regular practice.
Get Your Free Psychic Reading
Other Podcasts of This Meditation Series
You can subscribe to my Youtube Channel for much more info!
For UYT episodes to be sent directly to your device, subscribe to iTunes, Player FM, Blubrry, or Stitcher! And lastly, if you have a topic or question for us to discuss on the show, fill out the intuitive insight form on the right. Thanks so much!
Unlocking Your Truth is my weekly radio show. During the one-hour show, we discuss all things metaphysical such as, Benefits Of Meditating, Creating A Regular Practice! And much more! The show airs on CIVL 101.7 FM at 7-8 PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday evening or live-stream the show at CIVL.ca.
During each of our Unlocking Your Truth episodes, we also answer email questions from our listeners (click here to submit a query). We do readings live on air for our call-in guests. You can also join us on simultaneous Facebook Live broadcasts of Unlocking Your Truth with Dr. Lesley or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/LesleyPhillips and ask your questions. You can ask anything you want, any topic.