Are You Happy Now, If Not Now When Will you Be?
Have you discovered the benefits of practicing the power of now, living in the present moment? This concept is mainly attributed to a beautiful individual, Eckhart Tolle, and made well known in his best-selling book called The Power Of Now. This idea is also a well-known Buddhist practice called Mindfulness.
Practicing The Power Of Now – Learn How To Live In The Present
Present Moment Awareness And Mindfulness
Mindfulness is all about being in the present moment. It is a movement that has taken off throughout the world, especially the western world. This practice has also been adopted in many corporations and businesses. They have come to appreciate the power of now and how it helps their productivity. When their employees are trained to be in the present moment, it just makes life so much easier.
Let’s think about what is being in the present moment and what it means to you from a spiritual perspective. You are Spirit. As Spirit, you are infinite, eternal, and you exist outside of time and space. You also have a body. This body is the being that is reading this article or listening to the podcast. Your body personality self is an aspect or a projection of that more significant being that exists outside of time and space. The body personality self exists in time and space.
As Spirit, you can be anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Still, your body can only be right here, right now, in the present moment. To be with your body, you need to be in the present moment. If you are not focused on your body in the present moment, you may feel disassociated from reality. You may feel unfocused. You may feel blocked, like you cannot achieve anything. You feel like you cannot manifest or create the life that you want. This lack of ability is because you have created the body, and then subsequently, you have just left it. You are ignoring it. This concept might sound esoteric but let’s use some common everyday examples to illustrate this.
Examples Of Not Living In The Present
A common experience is this you need to go somewhere. To do so, you need to drive from point a to point b. This trip may be to work or the supermarket. You get up and grab your car keys and jump in the car. Off you go. Then, and this seems to be all of a sudden, you are at your destination. You may have a very clear recall of leaving your house and getting in the car. You may even have a very conscious experience of parking and getting out of the vehicle. But your recollection of the journey from a to b may be pretty fuzzy.
The reason that you will come up with is that you are so accustomed to this specific drive, and that is why it is a bit of a blur. The answer is that you were not present while you were driving. You may have been moving along thinking about your shopping list or what you have to do when you get to work. Neither of those things is right here, right now. They are the things that you are going to do in the future.
You might have been driving along thinking about the argument you just had with your husband or your wife. That is also not in the present. That is in the past. Maybe you were daydreaming about your upcoming vacation in Hawaii while driving.
Another typical example that you all do is when you are on the computer. You may sit down to look up something specific. It should take you no more than five minutes. Then you go down the internet rabbit hole, that wormhole that pulls you into this mental realm. Then hours pass by, and then you come back into the present moment, and you wonder where all that time. This time was spent not being in the present moment.
All of those things are you disassociating from the body’s reality. That is you as Spirit wandering off into the past or the future. You are wandering off into the realm of ideas.
How To Live In The Present
These are typical examples of how all of you leave the present. There is no single human on the planet that does not do a version of not being present. How are you not in the present moment? What do you think about if you are not in the present moment? You are missing part of your life, aren’t you? Being in the present moment is the most potent place that you can be; To be right here right now.
When you are focused in the present moment, right here, right now, where your body is, you are bringing your energy into focus. You are anchoring your energy here. Many people want to manifest, want to create a life of abundance, and wonder why it’s not working for you. Not being present would be one of the reasons why it’s not working for you. But if you can be right here right now with your energy focused right then, you become a point of attraction. You become a very potent point of radiance and attraction.
This attraction happens once you start to be more aware of your energy, be more aware of what you are doing with your energy. Also key is to be more aware of your thoughts. What it is that you are thinking. You are also being fully aware of what you are feeling. Where is your vibration at this moment?
In Pain – Need A Healing?
The Power Of Now Explained
Being in the present moment is super important. But how do you ensure that you are present? There are living in the present moment everyday tools and practices that you can quickly learn and fit into your life. These are different practices that will allow you to be in the present.
- Mindfulness practice is one thing. Being aware of what you think, feel, and do. These all bring you into the present.
- Breathwork. All meditation practices have a focus on the breath. Concentrating on your breathing will automatically bring your attention to the present. If you can focus on your heartbeat, you start to bring yourself into the present moment.
- Sense consciousness, focusing on your five senses; your sense of smell or touch will bring you into the now. Just something as simple as feeling your clothes brushing against your skin can do the trick. You can turn your attention to the sounds that you hear in the room or tune into something that you are listening to can help center you in the here and now.
- Nature visits can pull you into the present moment. Hug a tree. Watching a tree can be a fantastic sensation if you are present. Trees themselves are in the now. They are present now. They do not have the same facility as you do to project their thoughts into the past or future. When you go out in nature, with the plant life, with the rocks, with the weather, with the animals, it all helps bring you into the present moment.
- Grounding is a great way to get into the present. A grounding meditation can be beneficial. It can help move you into an altered state of consciousness. It can help soothe your body, and it’s also having the impact of allowing you to release negative energy that you don’t want. It will enable you to replenish and rejuvenate with incredible earth energy.
Join us on this episode of Unlocking Your Truth Episode Practicing The Power Of Now Learn How To Live In The Present. Learning how to live in present moment can change your life for the better. The power of living in the now brings with it the energy to manifest what you want in your life.
Free Guided Meditation
Questions and comments from listeners during the broadcast of Practicing The Power Of Now Learn How To Live In The Present :
- Do you ever lose your breath during meditation? It’s not like I lose it, but I feel a change in my breathing. Sometimes it is like I stopped for a period. It is strange.
- Hi! My students and I have returned to the classroom this week after over a year of distance learning. This return has been traumatic and overwhelming for most, if not all, of us. I’ve tried a couple of orienting, grounding, and centering exercises with them, like breathing, naming sights, etc. – It seems to work well! I only have a few minutes to do it with them. Any suggestions to help me help them be in the present moment daily (on Zoom and in-person)? Their ages are 11 – 14. Any words of wisdom or phrases to help them remember this practice?
- Crystals/gemstones are a new interest of mine. How can I use them for living in the present? Which ones are good to use, and how are they used? Can I use them in the classroom, too?
- I was hoping to know if Love still exists and is possible with SW in this life. Please and Thank you. Every time we connect, it’s surreal. Outside forces have stopped things. She comes from the other side of the world and has protective her parents much like mine. Her parents are afraid to let her go. I have expanded, but she has not seen me as I am. Thank you so much.
- I have an unrelated question, could I be so empathic that I feel my husband’s health issues?
- I taught my kids meditation by nature forest baths – forests are incredibly grounding. Moonstone helps me during meditation.
- Yes, thanks! I’m curious about my ability to see the energy of my crystals. I don’t know if it’s an aura because I don’t see color. Can you tell me what is happening?
- Is being present and grounded linked to healing oneself and correcting breathing, like hyperventilating caused by anxiety?
Other Relevant Posts That You May Find Interesting :
You can subscribe to my Youtube Channel for much more info!
For UYT episodes to be sent directly to your device, subscribe to iTunes, Player FM, Blubrry, or Stitcher! And lastly, if you have a topic or question for us to discuss on the show, fill out the intuitive insight form on the right. Thanks so much!
Unlocking Your Truth is my weekly radio show. During the one-hour show, we discuss metaphysical things such as Practicing The Power Of Now Learn How To Live In The Present! And much more! The show airs on CIVL 101.7 FM at 7-8 PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday evening or live-stream the show at CIVL.ca.
We also answer our listeners’ email questions during our Unlocking Your Truth episodes (click here to submit a query). We do readings live on air for our call-in guests. You can also join us on simultaneous Facebook Live broadcasts of Unlocking Your Truth with Dr. Lesley or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/LesleyPhillips and ask your questions. You can ask anything you want, any topic.