Do You Know Anyone Going Through Trials And Tribulation?
If you have ever struggled with how to help someone, like a friend or family member, grappling with serious physical health or emotional problems then you can understand this question from one of our listeners:
Regardless of who you are, what station in life you have attained, or even how much money you have, seeing someone that you care about experiencing a difficult emotional or physical challenge you may feel somewhat helpless. No matter what you do or say it just doesn’t help. You may often consider it a crisis. Well, there are most probably reasons that are out of your control.
What Is Emotional Intelligence?
It is important to remember a person’s basic emotions are exactly that, someone else’s emotions. How they deal with them will be at there level of personal emotional intelligence. You cannot do it for them.
WARNING – IMPORTANT NOTICE… Please note if you feel that the person you are dealing with is thinking in a suicidal manner or even just mentioning suicide seek professional help immediately.
How To Help Someone With Anger And Depression
In the last few weeks, I have been doing healings on lots of people in extreme distress. Mostly requested by their loved ones who have witnessed signs of some form of illness and, referred to me by those who care about them. They are looking for a helping hand with their loved ones.
As I’ve been doing this work some thoughts occurred to me about them and their loved ones when it comes to understanding how to help someone with depression and other negative emotions and feelings that can send people into a tailspin. As the person offering the help, are you giving of yourself in a balanced or unbalanced way?
Unconditional Love and Balanced Giving
Knowing how to help someone with their traumatic condition starts with you in many cases. You may be worried or in grief but are you taking care of self first? Are you giving from a full cup that is now overflowing? Did you put your Oxygen mask on first? Do you give to yourself in equal measure? Your giving must be balanced with your receiving otherwise you may fall ill yourself.
Some people can do this, but usually, the ones who are more awakened can be tempted to take responsibility for everyone else, and it’s a learning experience to get there.
7 Ways to Change Your Life
Chiron The Wounded Healer
In Greek mythology, Chiron was the god of healing. He was an immortal centaur, who became wounded by Hercules with a poison arrow that Chiron had taught Hercules to make. Although Chiron was the god of healing, he could not heal himself. He was forced to live with incredible pain until he chose to give up his immortality (for Prometheus who eventually stole fire from the Gods and brought fire to mankind).
Ultimately, Chiron represents something we all carry in our subconscious mind. He is that which will kill us if we don’t heal it, our deepest wounds, our fatal flaws. In astrology, Chiron is an asteroid/meteor that orbits between Saturn and Uranus. Again, it represents our deepest wounds that, when overcome, become our biggest strengths.
How To Help Someone, Where To Start?
Often people are so concerned about the recovery of their friends or family, they forget about themselves. They extend all their energy being responsible for and trying to aid and heal everyone else and ultimately become depleted. This is an easy state to fall into. This doesn’t help you or your loved ones because you have to take care of yourself first before you can truly support another with their needs especially when you, yourself are getting stressed or depressed.
Worse you may tend to sacrifice yourself, even put yourself in mental, physical, and emotional anxiety or danger. Supporting yourself means loving yourself. Taking care of yourself. This is so you can help those in need and you can stay safe and not shift yourself. Sometimes when you make the shift it’s all it takes to get the other person moving in the direction of healing too.
Do You Truly Want To Understand?
- Does the person want your help?
- Are they ready to heal, shift, change, or are they in denial resistance of victim mentality?
- If they are not ready it doesn’t matter what you do or you say they won’t change.
As a healer you always have to check the healee is in alignment with receiving the assistance. If yes then you can help. If they are not, you leave them be. You can’t interfere with their free will. Sometimes the body’s personality level is in resistance, but the person’s soul is in agreement, then you can help.
So you have to be prepared for your help to be rejected, and allow the space to be where they are. Be neutral, release expectations, Even if you see an obvious way out they may not be ready to take it.
What Is The Best Way To Help?
Performing healing is one way, but what other ways are there? I would say the help you offer has to depend on the person, how they feel about their situation, whether they are receptive to input or not, how reactive they are, whether they are taking responsibility for their energy and situation.
For example, talking about the healings I’ve recently been doing:
- A person who is very sick just wants to receive healing. They can’t contemplate me teaching them about energy or how to heal themselves. They simply want to receive the energy healing.
- Another person who is overwhelmed and anxious does want me to teach them how to manage their energy
- Someone else, who had been very stuck for years, the body personality level doesn’t want healing at all. The soul said yes and we were able to shift the energy of this person in a very dramatic way (with the ego kicking and screaming all the way)
- I’ve had some clients who just want nothing more than to talk. It is not about advice but more about having a conversation where somebody is “actually listening”. They will talk so much they barely allow time for me to give them information. The stress and pressure are relieved. The panic has subsided.
Join us on this episode of Unlocking Your Truth, How To Help Someone You Care About That’s Having A Hard Time, and learn about how to help someone understand depression and other ailments.
Here are some of the comments and questions about how to help someone in pain that came up and were answered during this episode.
- Depending on the person, I sometimes share my perspectives and insights about how energy works in the world. If they are receptive, it can serve as a comfort to them.
- Some people have a hard time and a big ego that prevents them from receiving the help they need. Others love to carry their own cross. Also, people are living their own reality; from our perspective, they might appear that they need help, but if they don’t ask for it, I would leave them alone.
- Evaluating if its a shopper, a buyer or non; some are enjoying their state, some are willing to listen but not to move and the last are wanting to move or acting on their situation.
- A good thing is to be a good listener.
- Most people are creating their problems. Some thoughts attract similarly tuned energies and entities…so thought creates reality.
- What you are saying reminds me of the 5 stages of grieving.
- I have 5 kids and a husband we have been together for 20 years and I’m feeling stuck can you please give me some clarity of what’s to come for us in the future? If there’s a future?
- Oh, you are always speaking with such relevance with whatever shows up in the morning for just before your show haha however got a bit on with dealing with such right now so will watch the replay later.💖
- You need to write a prescription to follow the treatment….but need to have the authority of a doctor…otherwise you heal them but the problem is at the roots.
- I’m really at starting case, wondering which technique use, Reiki or Quantum healing energy? I’m confused about which to choose?
In Pain – Need A Healing?
Other Relevant Posts That You May Find Interesting :
If you enjoyed this article or podcast please let us know… Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and much appreciated! Or simply send us a Review by email
You can subscribe to my Youtube Channel for much more info and ask your questions!
For UYT episodes to be sent directly to your device, subscribe to iTunes, Player FM, Blubrry Stitcher! And lastly, if you have a topic or question for the show fill out the intuitive insight form on the right. Thanks so much!
Unlocking Your Truth is my weekly radio show where we discuss all things metaphysical like How To Help Someone You Care About That’s Having A Hard Time! And much more! The show airs on CIVL 101.7 FM at 7-8 PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday evening or live-stream the show at CIVL.ca. During each of our Unlocking Your Truth episodes, we also answer email questions from our listeners (click here to submit a question) as well as occasionally do readings live on air for our call-in guests. you can join the show live on our Facebook Group Awaken Your Intuition and ask your questions.