Are You Losing Someone To Dementia?
How to help someone with Alzheimer’s? Today’s topic is a little bit more on the side of a serious note than our usual subject matter. However, we thought it would be something that people can associate with or want to learn about. We will all be touched by someone, in some way, with a brain disease at some point in our lives. How do we recognize Alzheimer’s symptoms? How do we deal with them? How can we help? How do we communicate? There are so many questions and really so few answers. Or so we thought. Today we are speaking with Lisa Paglia.
How To Help Someone With Alzheimer’s …
Lisa is the author of “Not All Who Wander Need Be Lost: Stories of Hope for Families Facing Alzheimer’s and Dementia.”She has experienced life with eight loved ones with dementia. Currently, she runs a support group at an assisted living facility for those members of families of individuals who live in memory care units. She also runs a placement service which aids people to locate and deal with the appropriate facilities for their loved ones with these terrible diseases.
If you are faced with this challenge in any manner, hopefully, Lisa will inspire you by giving you hope. Hope that, despite your loved ones’ illness, it is still possible to share a rewarding connection with them through understanding and better communication skills.
Here Are Some Questions We Ask Lisa About Her Journey:
- What inspired you to write your book?
- What is one of the most important things you’ve learned about dementia?
- What is one of the myths about dementia that you’d like people to know?
- What is the difference between vascular dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia?
- Why are there so many unusual behaviours with dementia?
- Are people with dementia aware they have it?
- Why do many people with dementia not recognize loved ones?
- What is the best way to respond to someone with dementia who is telling you something that you know is just not true?
- Why do people with dementia take things that don’t belong to them?
- Can Alzheimer’s be inherited – is it always?
You can contact Lisa: https://www.beingpatient.com/voice/lisa-paglia/
- How quickly does Alzheimer’s progress?
- The different stages of Alzheimer’s like the dementia anger stage.
- Some of the challenges of working with dementia patients.
Join us on this episode of Unlocking Your Truth, How To Help Someone With Alzheimer’s, where we discuss some of the sad truths about Alzheimer’s with Lisa Paglia as well as how to cope.
In Pain – Need A Healing?
Other Relevant Posts That You May Find Interesting :
For UYT episodes to be sent directly to your device, subscribe on iTunes, , Player FM, Blubrry or Stitcher! And lastly, if you have a topic or question for the show fill out the intuitive insight form on the right. Thanks so much!
Unlocking Your Truth is my weekly radio show where we discuss all things metaphysical like How To Help Someone With Alzheimer’s! And much more! The show airs on CIVL 101.7 FM at 7-8PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday evening or live-stream the show at CIVL.ca. During each of our Unlocking Your Truth episodes, we also answer email questions from our listeners (click here to submit a question) as well as occasionally do readings live on air for our call in guests. You can call in 604.504.7441 ext 4142 and ask anything you want.