What Is The Importance Of Health To You And How Do You Maintain It?
You may have heard holistic medicine, or alternative medicine and have wondered “is a holistic approach to health beneficial or safe”? This is a fair question to ask. Before I answer that for you lets take a look at what is holistic medicine.
Holistic medicine techniques are alternative healing methods that strive to obtain the healing results of regular mainstream medical industry results but stem from practices that are not necessarily scientifically proven to be effective. Some of these methods are occasionally proven to be ineffective but then again so are those of the medical industry.
Holistic healing is not new to the world. It has been around as long as man has. Everything from witch doctors to grandma’s home remedies can be considered to be a form of holistic health care. One of the main historical characters of holistic medicine and health is Socrates.
One of the main tenets he professed in regards to holistic healing is very simple, treat the whole person.
“…the part can never be well unless the whole is well.” – Socrates
Spiritual Well Being, Emotion, Mind, Body Interventions
One of the differences between conventional medicine, seeing a doctor for an ailment or one of the many types of alternative medicine practitioners is that doctors in mainstream medicine generally focus on particular symptoms of a particular disease. Whereas holistic healing is concerned with your overall physical health as well as mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing, These are the four main pillars of every human being’s existence and go hand in hand. if one of these areas is lacking the others suffer.
A Holistic Approach To Health And Wellness
Let’s face it if your physical health is suffering so will your emotional state and visa versa. These four are like the legs of a table. If one is not the same length as the others then what happens to its stability? Of course! It wobbles.
Your holistic health practitioner recognizes and examines you in entirety, the internal and external physical parts as well as how your body and mental, emotional and spiritual states are interrelating.
The key to your health is the balance between the four pillars. This is also the key to effective holistic healing. It is not about concentrating on a particular condition or ailment it deals with all parts of the whole person and their life.
Long before traditional medicine was born holistic healing was the basic principle of ancient healthcare. If you look at world history regarding medical practices three holistic healing therapies will be found to be very prominent. These are:
Three of the most distinguished ancient medical techniques based on holistic healing include Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Herbalism.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine… This practice has been around for about 5,000 years. Many of the original treatments and cures are still employed today. Chinese medicine sees the body as a miniature universe of connected networks that interact physically and energetically.
- Ayurveda… This form of holistic healing traces back to the 6th century B.C. It is the ancient medical practice of India culture.
- Herbal Medicine… Since the dan of man humankind has been using plants and herbs for healing purposes. It is by far the oldest of all holistic practices and is still being used today. The whole Pharma industry is based on this understanding.
- Natural Supplements… As the earth depletes her natural minerals in the foods we are fed you may turn to dietary supplements and vitamins. These can be found in different forms such as pills, capsules, powders, teas and other various applications. They are readily found and mostly affordable.
- Energy Healing… Energy healing is also a form of holistic healing. It is mainly found in the metaphysical community and takes many forms such as Reiki, Acupuncture/Chakra Healing, EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques), Healing Touch, Pranic Healing, ThetaHealing™ to mention just a few.
If you take a serious look at conventional medicine you will definitely notice that it is beginning to let us down especially here in the West. Dollars have begun to replace compassion. The ego has begun to replace caring. Medicine is now big business as opposed to being the source for security and trust that your health needs will be met. It is no wonder why people are turning to alternatives sources and options for their wellness.
The Journey Back To Physical Health
Today we speak with Maria Aparis who has had an amazing journey from disease to health. At the height of her career Maria when it all came Hashimoto ‘ s a powerful and debilitating autoimmune disease took hold of her life. This was a life-threatening health crisis that transformed her life. She began to suffer from such symptoms as extreme fatigue, brain fog, weight gain, vertigo, insomnia, near-fatal anemia, and a tumor in her throat.
As in many cases, the mainstream medical system let her down. However, Maria found an alternative route. Her exploration of natural plant resources guided her to an amazing revelation and we discuss her path to wellness and her book ‘The Essential GUT Awakening – Mastering Hashimoto ‘ s and other Autoimmune Diseases’.
Here are some questions that we ask Maria about her personal health journey:
- What were the signs that you were not well?
- How did you finally get diagnosed?
- Tell us about the battle with your throat tumor.
- What did you do to move out of the state of disease?
- What do you do for your on-going wellness maintenance?
You can get more information about Maria Aparis at https://mariaaparis.com
Join us on this episode of Unlocking Your Truth, Is A Holistic Approach To Health Beneficial, and take the first step to a whole new you. Start a new page in the how to love yourself book.
Other Relevant Posts That You May Find Interesting :
You can subscribe to my Youtube Channel for much more info!
For UYT episodes to be sent directly to your device, subscribe on iTunes, Player FM, Blubrry or Stitcher! And lastly, if you have a topic or question for the show fill out the intuitive insight form on the right. Thanks so much!
Unlocking Your Truth is my weekly radio show where we discuss all things metaphysical like Is A Holistic Approach To Health Beneficial! And much more! The show airs on CIVL 101.7 FM at 7-8PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday evening or live-stream the show at CIVL.ca. During each of our Unlocking Your Truth episodes, we also answer email questions from our listeners (click here to submit a question) as well as occasionally do readings live on air for our call-in guests. you can join the show live on our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/288011298447383 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/LesleyPhillips and ask your questions.and ask anything you want. You can also join us on simultaneous Facebook Live broadcasts of Unlocking Your Truth with Dr. Lesley.