Life Can Be Frustrating If You Are Avoiding The Difficulties
Uncertainty is more than just a physics principle. If you are not managing or at least dealing with uncertainty you may be having a rough time. Not knowing how to deal with uncertainty in life can cause a state of fear to arise in your ever so human psyche. Look at the acronym of fear itself: False Expectations Appearing Real. This can be the definition of uncertainty or anxiety as well. Fear can freeze you where you stand. Anxiety leads to fear and fear can hold you back from enjoying almost anything in life worthwhile doing. Whether it is caused by change and uncertainty in the workplace or uncertainty in a long-term relationship or just some other new experience fear can be devastating and take all the joy out of life.
Let’s look at the psychology of uncertainty. As a rule, humans prefer certainty to uncertainty. Studies have shown that people would rather experience an electric shock as opposed to just the idea of being shocked later. This study has also shown that there is greater nervous system activation when waiting for an unpredictable shock than one that is scheduled and you know exactly when it will happen. Where people differ in this is in the degree to which the uncertainty bothers them. This dread of the lack of certainty is very evident in all aspects of our lives but it is very prevalent in relationships uncertainty as well as uncertainty in business.
When dealing with uncertainty anxiety and doubt can in the least make life a living hell.
Uncertainty Or Security, It Is Your Choice
People generally like balance in their life. Certainty is not always assured but when it is held to a minimum you can learn to cope with those times that you are not experiencing a sense of security. When you are starting a new job, relationship, or moving to a new area or city you never know what to expect. Some people relish this. Most do not.
There are soo many “Mights or Maybes” that you face in life daily trying to count them would be really difficult. Every day that you wake up you really are facing a mass of uncertainty. You never know what the reality of this day’s journey will bring you.
Even if you lock yourself up in a tiny room with no outside interference you still cannot be sure of the outcome or when something will change that will be detrimental to you. You know as well as I do the only constant in life is change. So you can cower from it or take a bold stance and face it head-on. There are ways to mitigate these awkward circumstances.
Let’s examine 7 strategies for eliminating Uncertainty.
- Plan, Plan, And Plan… Did I mention planning? Expectations are great but they are the world of the great unknown and disappointment. If you leave the outcome of your life to mere chance circumstances that is what you will get. The best way to reduce the upheaval of uncertainty is to plan out the things you need to do to create your life and it’s events and control the outcome. Take responsibility for your life.
- Be Flexible… “the best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry…” The Boy Scouts had it right; ‘Be Prepared’ was their motto. Expect the unexpected. Plans and planning are wonderful but they can be affected by outside influences. There is a difference between being in full control and being prepared for different possibilities. It is like taking a sun hat and an umbrella to the beach. Regardless of the weather, you are ready. Don’t expect the worst but be ready for it.
- Stop Speculating… The past is over we all understand that. It is immutable, The future however can. Yet you cannot live in the future. That is impossible. Future events can play out exactly as forecasted but, really do they usually? Getting caught in the future is a big trap of emotional upheaval and can cause not only uncertainty but fear and anxiety as well. Ground yourself to the present. Planning is great, being prepared is wonderful but until they take place in the now they are only concepts.
- You Are Enough… Let me ask you, “whose life is it that you are living”? Yours of course. Regardless of your capabilities wants or desires you are yours and they are yours. You may as well enjoy who you are because, well, that is who you are. Improvement and growth are wonderful but you are in the here and now. No matter what comes up you’ve got it. You have the talent, the skill, the desire to cope with it all. Believe in yourself and you will get through any adversity.
- Focus Is Key… If you have ever moved house, which everyone has at some time, did you pick up all your belongings at one time in your arms and move them into the van. No! Of course not. You did it by focusing on one piece, one box at a time. Focus is big. No matter what your plans are or how prepared you would like to be, you are learning new skills it takes doing it all one step at a time. Stop the chaos of trying to make it all happen at once. Sometimes small things can make big changes occur, “the fluttering of a butterfly’s wings”.
- Stay Balanced… You can cope with anything as long as you stay balanced. Stress can creep into your life easily, but only if you let it. The title of the popular book by Richard Carlson says it all, “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff… And It’s All Small Stuff” which is all about “Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life”. Do whatever it takes to stay calm and centered.
- Meditation… any form of meditation or mindfulness practice will center you. It will help keep you in the present. It will help you connect with your true power. You are Spirit in a human body having worldly experiences. Reconnecting with your true nature will give you strength and awareness as well as ignite your intuitive gifts. These will help you plan, be prepared, stay in the present and understand who you are. ( can you see the progress)
- Move… Do not allow yourself to become complacent. Complacency will rob you of all good things in life that are ready for your enjoyment. Take the first step, your first step, no matter how small or large. Every great journey begins with exactly that. There’s no good nor bad there just is. A predictable controlled life is an illusion. Burst that bubble.
The most important of all…
- Don’ Be Attached To The Outcome… Remember the golden rule of life, “the only certainties in life are death, taxes, and change”. If you get locked into any one idea or concept about anything that does not mean that it will never change. It doesn’t mean that your opinion will never change. be open to the idea that all outcomes are possible, only so many are probable, and you and the Universe will conspire to select the one that will become the present, your present, your life.
Once you stop focusing on the fear of uncertainty and set your gaze on all your life’s possibilities you will find it much more fun and fulfilling to be you.
In this podcast, Dealing With Uncertainty In Your Life you will learn:
- If there are there times when it is OK or even normal not to know.
- If there are the benefits of not knowing.
- How uncertainty can be useful.
- How to deal with uncertainty at work.
- Dealing with uncertainty in relationships.
Join us on this episode of Unlocking Your Truth, Dealing With Uncertainty In Your Life, and learn about uncertainty management and that living with uncertainty can be avoided.
Get A Free Soulmate Reading
Other Relevant Posts That You May Find Interesting :
You can subscribe to my Youtube Channel for much more info!
For UYT episodes to be sent directly to your device, subscribe to iTunes, Player FM, Blubrry, or Stitcher! And lastly, if you have a topic or question for us to discuss on the show, fill out the intuitive insight form on the right. Thanks so much!
Unlocking Your Truth is my weekly radio show. During the one-hour show, we discuss all things metaphysical such as Dealing With Uncertainty In Your Life! And much more! The show airs on CIVL 101.7 FM at 7-8 PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday evening or live-stream the show at CIVL.ca.
During each of our Unlocking Your Truth episodes, we also answer email questions from our listeners (click here to submit a query). We do readings live on air for our call-in guests. You can also join us on simultaneous Facebook Live broadcasts of Unlocking Your Truth with Dr. Lesley or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/LesleyPhillips and ask your questions. You can ask anything you want, any topic.