Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Why Do I Have A Hard Time Letting Go Of Things?
This week our topic, letting go and moving on, was suggested by our regular listeners. After some thought, I feel that this may be one of the most singularly tricky challenges we all face.
No matter who you are, you have faced issues in your life that have stopped you in your proverbial tracks. Why? The answer is straightforward. The base fact is that you are human. You think with your human mind. You feel with human emotions. You act from a place of human logic or illogic.
It doesn’t matter what issues in your life cause you to stall or get stuck in some form of a negative state. What matters is what you did about getting past those problems. The well-known adage is, “it doesn’t matter how many times you fall or get knocked down. What is important is how many times you get up”.
Letting Go And Moving On Issues
So what are some of the things that stop you from letting go and moving forward? What trials and tribulations do you or have faced that may keep you stuck in life, caught in a mire that causes you unhappiness? Here are some of the things that I have found people have challenges with.
- Unrealistic Expectations. Do you set yourself up for failure by trying to bite off more than you can chew? You all want to grow and improve your life circumstances but at what cost. Goals are great, but if they are too intense or unachievable, you are just setting yourself up for failure.
- Unhealthy Relationships. Letting go of someone you love is difficult regardless of how toxic the relationship can be. After all, you have feelings. If this were not so, there would be so many fewer people with scars from some form of abuse from a life partner or family member. Learning how to let go of someone who hurt you can be challenging. “Breaking up is hard to do.” Then let go of the negative baggage.
- Harmful Habits. Habits are interesting because you all have them. Some help you in life, and some don’t. They are holding you back. Changing a harmful practice can be daunting. This quote from Healthline.com will attest to that: “According to a 2009 study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, it takes 18 to 254 days for a person to form a new habit. The study also concluded that, on average, it takes 66 days for a new behavior to become automatic.” Challenging yes, undoable no.
- Sense False Security. It would be wonderful if we all could feel secure in all we do. The problem is that this isn’t the way our human exitance works. There are things you will try to accomplish but will fail. It would be best if you didn’t let this hold you back from trying new things.
- Perfect Pictures. Trying to be perfect. Need I say more.
- Being A People Pleaser. You can please some of the people some of the time. You can please some of the people all of the time. But you can’t please all of the people all of the time. Why try because it is just NOT possible.
Now for the two biggies:
- Pride. If you have made a significant blunder somehow in your life, you probably felt pretty bad. It probably stopped you from ever trying that again. Failure is no fun. This can be called a sense of false pride. Yes, it is tough facing up to making a mistake, primarily when it deals with other people.
- Forgiveness. Learn to forgive others but, most importantly, forgiving yourself—one of the most challenging and most painful things to get past. Remember, you are not broken.
- Emotional Pain. Learning how to let go of anger, how to let someone go emotionally, how to let go of anger and resentment, letting go of a relationship. All of these and more can stop you from ever wanting you to feel again but involves a positive personal commitment to yourself.
How To Move On Tips
All of these things and more can keep you stuck in what can be a very miserable place, the past or the future. The best way to learn how to move on from the past is to take life one day at a time. One minute at a time if necessary.
Here are a few ways of letting go and moving on:
- Being truthful. The truth will set you free. Accept the reality of life. You can, however, change realities. You have the power. You can manifest change in your life.
- Gratitude. Be thankful for what you have, and for the lessons of life, and especially about the truth of who you are. You are Spirit in human form. As Spirit, you are perfect, eternal, and wise.
- Learn to take a personal “time out.” That is why they have recess.
- Center your energy on what can be changed. Remember the AA serenity prayer “God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, the courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.”
- Claim responsibility. It is your life. Everything you do, you choose to do. You have control of the steering wheel.
- Live with an inward focus. This focus can also be called using your intuition. Feel what is right. Logic is not always logical.
Learn More About Your Intuitive Powers
- Choose your relationships wisely. If someone in your life is making you unhappy, it may be time to let go of them.
- Take the next step courageously. Taking a chance doesn’t always mean failure. As they say, the only way to hit a homerun is to get up to bat.
- Live in the present. The past doesn’t exist. The future is a concept. There are uncountable possible futures. Only so may are probable. It is up to you to choose today, right now what the next step you will take to make the future the one you want to see. Happiness comes at a cost; it takes being fully present.
It is up to you to take the first step towards a happy life, your happy life. Your life’s purpose is to be happy and satisfied.
Join us on this episode of Unlocking Your Truth, Letting Go And Moving On, Sounds Simple But Is It, and learn some of the techniques and benefits of letting go of those things that hold you back from enjoying your life to the fullest.
In this podcast, Letting Go And Moving On, Sounds Simple But Is It, you will learn about:
- Your personal letting goes definition.
- Benefits of letting go.
- Learning about ways of letting go and moving on from things that hold you back.
Here are some of the comments and questions about letting go and moving on that came up and were answered during this episode.
- I’m working on letting go of limiting beliefs. I would appreciate any advice on doing this.
- To let go of my trauma, I allowed myself to define myself by learning faith, believing in OPPORTUNITIES, and personal strength.
- Letting go of perfect pictures.
- Also, letting go isn’t forgetting.
- I struggle with meditation. Any suggestions to help?
- In martial arts training, my master would always tell us to “focus the mind, focus the body, focus spirit.” It struck me as such a transcendental experience when I actually learned what that meant as an adult. The spirit and body are separate, which is why we can hand chop blocks and endure years of sparring without being ever really injured.
- I’ve been doing the grounding meditation, but without the intention of letting go of my limiting beliefs. Thank you so much for that suggestion. 🙏
- Letting go of fear to allow what’s to come. Like a chapter in a book, fear and adversity are part of our human experience, not our human design. 🚸🌈
- I’m in section 2 of the book right now. Thank you so much for the other suggestions!!! ❤️🙏
- I can’t get my mind quiet.
- The chakra and intuition book has been so incredible and helpful to me already!
- Is there a specific chakra that can help me clear past life trauma healing?
- Did you talk about letting go of fear in general?
- Here is the link for the book contest https://drlesleyphillips.com/…/intuition-and-chakras…/ This is where you can win A Psychic Ability Blueprint session with Dr. Lesley Phillips valued at $250. This contest is in celebration of the launch of her new book Intuition and Chakras. Order your copy from Llewellyn, Indiebound, Barnes, and Noble, or Amazon.
- I have that problem with weight. I hold onto it because it’s a safety net.
- How do you open your third eye chakra? What is an excellent meditation to listen to?
- I agree. Years ago, an art teacher told me not to worry over creative imperfections because, in the grand scheme, it is the artist’s translation/expression. We can change our path, thoughts, ideas as we go. All our moments are among our journey. I love this topic. ✨
In Pain – Need A Healing?
Other Relevant Posts That You May Find Interesting :
If you enjoyed this article or podcast, please let us know. Reviews on iTunes are beneficial and much appreciated! Or send us a Review by email
You can subscribe to my Youtube Channel for much more info and ask your questions!
For UYT episodes to be sent directly to your device, subscribe to iTunes, Player FM, Blubrry Stitcher! And lastly, if you have a topic or question for the show, fill out the intuitive insight form on the right. Thanks so much!
Unlocking Your Truth is my weekly radio show where we discuss metaphysical things like Letting Go And Moving On, Sounds Simple But Is It! And much more! The show airs on CIVL 101.7 FM at 7-8 PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday evening or live-stream the show at CIVL.ca. During each of our Unlocking Your Truth episodes, we also answer email questions from our listeners (click here to submit a question) as well as occasionally do readings live on air for our call-in guests. you can join the show live on our Facebook Group Awaken Your Intuition and ask your questions.